Thursday, February 26, 2009

Correlation Between Age and IQ

Depends upon where one is looking, it seems one has something to do with the other. Some older people held the belief that the younger generation are more intelligent because their brains are still young and unmarred and still developing therefore very quick to absorb and process facts. On the other hand, there are people of the younger generation who tend to see older people as more intelligent because they've been around longer so therefore they know more.

I've been on both ends of the spectrum. I was in my mid-twenties when I attended library school. I had classmates who were in their teens as well as classmates who were in their forties who were MS degree students but had to take undergraduate subjects first. When I was with my teenager classmates, they conclude that my good grades were because of my advance age. The exact phrase was "siempre dagko na sya'g grado, tigulang na gud na sya!" When I was with the older set doing group work, they gave me most of the hard work because they said my brain processes are faster than theirs because I was still very young. And the exact phrase was "ikaw lang trabajo ana 'Day ha kay bata-bata pa ka, maau pa kaau na mo-gana imong utok!"

No comments:

Post a Comment