Thursday, February 26, 2009

Beware the teacher

I mentioned somewhere in this blog that some teacher has fucked up with my education. Some people might say that bad education should not be entirely blamed on the teacher because some of the blame rest on the student itself. In my case, I blamed it all on my former elementary school teachers. This is evil of me but I always pray for their deaths so that their evilness will not spread further.

Grade 1. I had a good start. I was a good pupil, so good that I was competing with the grade 2 in spelling and arithmetic.

Grade 2. My teacher crumpled my set or miniature pop-up cartoon cars and buses because I was playing during classes. She could just have confiscated the things and returned them to me later or called for my parents but instead she crumpled them threw them away, including the cloth bag that contain them.

Grade 3. I did not like my math teacher for pairing me up with one boy today and with another one the next, he mixed the pairings up and then laughed his blasted head off. He also did not call me or us the parings by our names but by a kind of a noodle's name, as in pancit canton, pancit peking, etc.

Grade 4. I had this habit of blowing my face then releasing the air in a sound like a lizard's. I was also a very talkative pupil. Then in one of my math session, my teacher (the same teacher in grade 3) called me to answer a problem because I was not listening to him. Since it was a problem I had to take time to read and analyse the damned problem before giving him the answer, meanwhile I was blowing my face. My teacher got so angry with the "impertinent action" he called it that he squeezed my mouth so hard his fingers got imprinted on my face for a long while. He even challenge me to tell my parents. I did not of course but I just hated him. I hope he rot in hell.

Grade 5. I was doing quite good until I was sent to a "History Quiz Bee". One of the questions had the answer "Baguio". I spelled the answer incorrectly. But the quiz master, a teacher from Ilocos (he probably thought he has the authority over it since he came from thereabouts) laughed his silly head off and told the audience that my answer was wrong of course because it was not "Baguio" but "Bagui". He pronounced it as "baki".

Grade 6. I was failing in English so my parents went to the school to investigate. They found out that we were made to spell and memorize a vocabulary that even my
4th-year-1st-honor-student-sister have not encountered.

No comments:

Post a Comment