Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Anatomy of Bibliomania by Holbrook Jackson

This book is one of my favorite books of all time. I have read this while still in library school at USC. I hope every book lover could get to read this book. When I'm wealthy enough to own a credit card, I am going to buy this online.

One of the manias discussed was bibliokleptomania. I can't remember exactly if it was this book that says most of the notorious biblioklepts are librarians themselves or those working in a library. I can not also remember if borrowing and intentionally not returning a book or reporting it as lost is considered kleptomania. I don't blame anyone doing this because I resist the temptation to do so all the time. Execrable behavior of course but it is the truth. So when my brother was looking for his book which was not returned since 2006, all I could say to him was "I did not expect my friend to run off with your book, the person is not a reader after all". My brother just snorted in derision at this innocent comment and said "you of all people should know this kind of behavior".

4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I have developed a new clean web 2.0 wordpress theme.

    Has 2 colours silver and blue, has custom header(colour or image).
    I am curently working on it, so if you have suggestions let me know.

    You can view live demo and download from here www.getbelle.com
    If you found bug reports or you have suggestions pm me.
    Wish you a happing using.

    many thanks to [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com/]USAInstantPayDay.com[/url] for paying the hosting and developement of the theme

    nepgaxymema

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,nice post thanks for sharing?. I just joined and I am going to catch up by reading for a while. I hope I can join in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whats up everyone


    just registered and put on my todo list


    hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi buddy, your blog' s design is simple and clean and i like it. Your blog posts are superb. Please keep them coming. Greets!!!

    ReplyDelete