Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Clothed Female Superheroes

Apparently, it is not just me who wanted to see female superheroes doing their thing fully clothed. There's a full BBC article about it. 

I don't know what the comic book Black Widow wore, but I loved her work clothes in each of the movie she appeared. I've since watched Jessica Jones twice. A rare thing to happen to me, watching episodes twice. But it amazed me that it can actually be done, be bad ass super heroin and be fully clothed at the same time. 

Supergirl kinda disappointed me. Why did she have to wear skirt? And cape again? I've read an article or was it discussed in Supergirl that the cape is actually to help with aerodynamics. But heck, birds have wings to help with aerodynamics. Supergirl can fly fine enough without wings of any kind. I don't really think the cape is for aerodynamics. Otherwise, she could just have wings too. 

I hear there is going to be a remake of Xena. And I hear she's a lesbian too. I hope they will make her wear pants. Not because I think lesbians must wear pants, but because she rides horses and she travels through wastelands and fight and it's practical and it's protection and ... 

Yep, it's a good time to be a woman,  superhero or not.  

No comments:

Post a Comment