Thursday, March 12, 2009

Where does your money go?

A big chunk of my budget goes to the purchase of books. It came to a point that my parents where wondering why I seemed to be wearing the same shirt every time they see me, but that was when I was still a new income earner. I was dazzled by my ability to buy books, so I bought all the books I've always wanted. Now I am reasonably well-dressed. I can now allocate some of my money for clothing because my brother is now also buying books for us.

When I travel, even if I thought there might not be time to read, I always carry a book or two or three with me. I do not know how to travel light. Except for the cellphone, I do not have any other hi-tech gadgets. They do not attract me as much as a nice book does. The only hi-tech gadget that has me drooling at the moment is the Sony e-book reader. It could store as much as five books at a time and if one brought it along for travel, it could make the travel easier. It would also make saying no to your uncle who always wanted to borrow your books a lot easier.

I can afford this gadget but what keeps me from having this one is the thought of what do I do with my e-copy of the books i have purchased. They can't line my wall. They can't give me the kind of comfort a hard copy does.

No comments:

Post a Comment